Business Analyst, full time role
The Business Analyst will serve in a strategic role as dedicated in-house expert on the effective use and implementation of QAD EE. He/she will serve a key role evaluating business processes, participating in the upcoming implementation planning stages, programming, supporting and training on corporate-wide technology systems. Applying knowledge of the use of technology in business, he/she will develop programs, design systems, code, test and further the return on investment made by the organization. The position will report to the corporate IT Application Manager. The position is located in north-central metro Detroit area and will have up to 50% domestic travel expectation the first year and 20% thereafter.
- Apply hands-on QAD system and overall business operations experience to the preparation of a successful and efficient implementation. Evaluate Business processes for standardization and development across the company’s locations nationally.
- Interact with and analyze major departments such as operations, quality, production, purchasing, inventory management, sales, accounting & finance to assess business process flows and ensure implementation is properly prepared and executed.
- Translate business requirements across the organization into software/system requirements. Program or code system functionality based on system capability and business needs; carefully test and document all activities.
- Coordinate, facilitate and execute testing of configuration and updates to the ERP system.
- Ensure that appropriate controls, security and integrity are put into place.
- Manage system and user security, add users, change access, etc. Utilize system-provided reports for departments and customize or develop additional versions as needed.
- Train and mentor users across the organization on the capabilities and usage of the QAD system.
- Post implementation, continue to work across departments to apply additional functionality of the QAD system to daily operations as they grow.
- Hold the in-house support role for questions relating to the QAD system, functionality or reporting structure; identify and implement training opportunities.
- Troubleshoot system issues, develop resolution and documentation to avoid future issues.
- Interface closely with IT on a daily basis
- Across the organization, internally and in the field, support technicians and other help desk personnel with escalated ERP issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applied ability to analytically translate business needs and user requirements into software functional specifications in the QAD environment.
- Programming, testing, documentation, implementation, support – full development life cycle experience required.
- Additional skills desired: Knowledge of development or support using QAD, ProStar TailorPro V8, Cyberquery, Infor-T4M, Sun, Microsoft Office applications, programs and development platforms.
- Management of projects on an independent level, monitoring, reporting and holding to deadlines expected of the team while maintaining a professional level of communication and interaction.
- This is an office-based position with frequent travel expected. Occasional lifting of files, supplies or equipment will be part of the position.
- EOE. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.