The Managed Services (MSERV) full time resource will work with and supplement an existing Managed Services national support team in a Level 2 capacity. The candidate can live anywhere in the US, working remotely. Shifts will be Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST or as assigned for special projects.
Ideal qualifications: 2-3+ years experience supporting QAD 2009SE or EE and newer and Progress 10.2B and newer in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Progress DBA hands on experience, 3-5 + years or more
- Linux Administration (basic commands, functionality, troubleshooting)
- QAD ERP System/Software experience (ability to troubleshoot, maintain, tune, make changes)
- Progress Database experience
- Progress Application Server experience
- Tomcat Administration
- Networking experience, particularly in a Linux environment
- Experience with Virtualization, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Security, EDI a strong plus
Candidates must also be strong communicators, willing and able to talk by phone with clients, managers and colleagues. An ability to tenaciously solve problems or issues and/or improve processes is required as is a strong ability to prioritize and create, revise and update documentation for procedures and/or system documentation.
Candidates must be able to work for any employer in the US, own current hardware/software to perform the support work or systems that will support remote installation of software and monitoring systems. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. No third parties, please.
This is a remote position. Candidates can live anywhere in the US with proper work authorization. EOE.