This role acts as a liaison and project manager between the Information Technology Department and business units for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems. This individual will analyze existing systems for improvement, recommend new system processes, and keep detailed reports of all structural and process changes. The individual in this role is expected to follow best practices and align with company goals while creating better procedures and solutions to increase efficiency and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, and propagate the use of “best practices” processes for all business units.
- Recommend controls by identifying workflow problems and defining improved procedures.
- Perform functional analysis of business processes.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and execute testing of configuration changes and updates to the ERP system.
- Develop requirement documents, user acceptance test cases, and overall project methodology.
- Communicate directly and effectively with developers without needing to involve other technical resources.
- Monitor project progress by task; drive issues to closure; publish progress reports in Confluence.
- Triage, assign and track trouble tickets and enhancement requests in JIRA and act as escalation point.
- Train and mentor users across the organization on the capabilities and usage of the QAD system.
- Evaluate new applications and identify systems requirements.
- Evaluate new development requests and evolving business requirements and recommend appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems, based on a strong understanding of ERP functionality.
- Lead meetings with IT, end users, stakeholders, and vendors. Document projects, meeting minutes, issues, action items, and key decisions in Confluence.
- Prepare communications and make presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives.
Experience and Training:
- College degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience with strong understanding of ERP process flow interdependencies, data flow, financial structure, and business applications.
- Experience with MFG/PRO QAD enterprise software preferred.
- Knowledge of sales, manufacturing planning, production, and accounting processes required.
- 3 years project management experience in a manufacturing/business environment preferred.
- Ability to take business requirements, work with stakeholders, make recommendations, create use cases, and translate into functional design, process design.
- Ability to be proactive, stay focused, and drive to established timelines.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks.
- Strong understanding of Agile development process.
- Strong experience with relational databases (SQL, 4GL).
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Effective spoken, written, and listening skills.
- Team player – able to recommend and exchange ideas for potential solutions and implement the agreed upon resolution.
- Negotiation skills – able to drive acceptable compromises and optimal solutions when cross-functional requirements are in conflict.
- Experience working with a wide variety of technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional client details or to discuss particulars of the role. EOE. No third parties or sponsorship.