The Progress/QAD/Linux Managed DBA Services part time Contractor will work with and supplement an existing Managed Services Database team, supporting clients across the US. The candidate can live anywhere in the US, working remotely. Shifts will be two 8 hour shifts, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays or possibly weekday/evening shifts. A minimum six month commitment to the role is required to maintain consistency and to support SLAs with key clients.
Ideal qualifications: Experience supporting QAD 2009SE or EE and newer and Progress 10.2B and newer in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Progress DBA hands on experience, 5+ years or more
- Linux Administration (basic commands, functionality, troubleshooting)
- QAD ERP System/Software experience (ability to troubleshoot, maintain, tune, make changes)
- Progress Database experience
- Progress Application Server experience
- Tomcat Administration
- Networking experience, particularly in a Linux environment
- Experience with Virtualization, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Security
Candidates must also be strong communicators, willing and able to talk by phone with clients, managers and colleagues. An ability to tenaciously solve problems or issues and/or improve processes is required as is a strong ability to create, revise and update documentation for procedures and/or system documentation. Candidates must be able to work for any employer in the US, own current hardware/software to perform the support work or systems that will support remote installation of software and monitoring systems. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. No third parties, please.
This is a remote position. Candidates can live anywhere in the US. It is a weekend/part time shift position. Great for supplemental income or work.