Strategic Automotive Sequencing
Automotive manufacturers know the challenges sequencing can pose when communicating with OEM customers. SIG Automotive Sequencing provides the seamless QAD ERP integration you need to keep production flowing.
Each OEM has its own standard for providing sequenced part demands to suppliers. The broadcast file sends the signal and items must ship in the exact sequence to the OEM. But one size doesn’t fit all, which is why Strategic created SIG Automotive Sequencing. It empowers customers to choose from three sequencing transactions and a host of features automotive manufacturers need to thrive.
Choose from 3 Automotive Sequencing Transactions
Items are picked from an on-site buffer, sequenced, then delivered to production. This sequence reduces buffers in the production area, improving work-in-progress (WIP) and cycle times.
- Ship-to-Sequence then Receive-to-Sequence
Items are sequenced at the supplier (internal or external), delivered in sequence, then taken directly to the production line. This reduces the amount of component and semi-finished goods in inventory at the plant, freeing up cash and reducing carrying costs.
Items are built according to the sequence in which they will be required by the customer. This reduces the amount of finished goods or semi-finished goods in inventory, freeing up additional cash and reducing carrying costs.
Ready to explore sequencing? Talk to Us!
Features of SIG Automotive Sequencing
- Real-time, redundant communication to integrate OEM broadcast files with your QAD ERP
- On-premise or cloud deployment
- Two-server architecture, so communications are never lost
- Broad transaction support covering manufacturing, inventory, labeling and product serialization (license plates)
- Variety of OEM shipment sequencing options