The Senior Programmer Developer/Analyst will provide tier 2 helpdesk support for customers through a highly recognized QAD support service. Customers open tickets via email, portal or phone, and once the ticket is assigned, the Developer/Analyst is responsible for resolving the issue. The Developer/Analyst is expected to be able to manage multiple tickets at any time as this is a fast pace environment that offers an individual a challenging and rewarding role.
This position will require a customer-focused Programming/Development professional who will work for clients worldwide, utilizing problem-solving skills, communications, and a suite of hands-on technical skills. The ideal candidate will work remotely with clients and develop integration, custom reports, browsing tools, applications and data loading among other deliverables in the QAD space. The candidate will be called upon to provide critical knowledge to help each client achieve the highest ROI through the use of the system. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in a technology field and 3 or more years of development experience with Progress are sought to fill this position. It is a plus if the candidate has not only strong technical skills, but also functional. The functional skills will support application issues (nontechnical) or questions reengineering processes within QAD.
The Candidate can live anywhere in the US or Canada, but must be currently eligible to work for any employer. Travel to client locations is minimal. This position will report directly to the Director of Customer Service.
Qualifications and Required skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business
- Minimum of three years of hands-on development experience using Progress.
- The ability to work independently and manage workload with minimal direction from management.
- An excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to relate to customers at all levels in oral and written formats.
- The ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an independent manner.
- Must be a highly organized self-starter with an eye for detail who can maintain multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Key will be an entrepreneurial, flexible attitude with the ability to work well in ambiguous, changing situations and reprioritize work accordingly
Knowledge in the following areas a plus
- QAD Enterprise Edition (EE)
- Reporting Framework
- QRF (forms)
- Sales Orders/Invoicing